Thursday, January 17, 2013

Seasons

When I was growing up a far as I can remember the sun always shines over the mountain, I was not sure the direction where the sun rises. I did not know directions East, West, North , South. It was about 2nd or 3rd grade I believe that we touch the subject, Geography! It took my brain awhile to connect certain directions. As first born in the family the direction was, before the sun comes up I have to be up and make sure that rice is on top of an open fire. My siblings need to be awake and up and made sure that everything is ready to start the day. The training started when I was 5 yrs. old. I was 8 when I really took that responsibility seriously!

Now sitting in my own home, where rocket of noises I here from a road construction outside, feeling the seasons in my bones and it made me realized, I am alive and well! I feel the freezing temperature and it is winter! A week ago I was in the Tropics, lazily  enjoying the warmth of the sun and the sounds of the ocean waves as I meditate a minute or two!
 I can picture hilltop home facing South, and in my minds eye I am looking at the vast ocean ahead I inhale fresh salt air slowly and  as I slowly exhaling  the music that the village wilingly shares as they wake up in their own relaxed comforting pace. The gentle music that the waves offers reminds me of  my birth home.

There are  three seasons in Aticama the hot season, the rainy season and the perfect season in between! In my opinion! I am fortunate to have experienced many seasons in my life...
Cannon Beach Sunset  07-2012

4 comments:

  1. Dear Weng,

    I really loved today's blog post. I miss you.

    Your friend,
    Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...just Beautiful!!! Glad your trip was a safe n happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post, Weng. What an insight to who you are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. manang i miss you,
    while reading this blog a teardrop fall on my eyes..

    hope your ok there.

    ReplyDelete